Agile training and consulting
Lean Engagements is an agile training and consulting firm that provides lean, agile & scrum training courses in Sydney, Canberra & Melbourne.
Agile is highly adaptive
Agile is highly adaptive, so customizing it to your specific needs is the best way to get the most out of it.
Our beginners' course for individuals
Our beginners' course for individuals who have never worked on an agile project.
Lean Engagements is an agile training and consulting firm that provides lean, agile & scrum training courses in Sydney, Canberra & Melbourne. It was formed in 2009 by Certified Scrum Coaches and Certified Scrum Practitioners with over 100 years of collective experience. We have experience adapting agile for some ASX 200 companies and government organizations.
Adapting to lean principles is not easy, especially if you strictly stick to the manual. We help organizations to adapt agile fundamentals to their specific business needs. Agile is highly adaptive, so customizing it to your specific needs is the best way to get the most out of it.
- People: Invest in people who will lead and work in your agile teams.
- Process: Allow our experienced professionals to define processes that work for your team.
- Tools: Leverage our knowledge of a number of tools that can boost your software development to the next level.
- Assessment: Get a free assessment of your agile strengths and areas of improvement.
- Pilot: Start with small teams to adapt agile on simple pilot projects.
This is our beginners' course for individuals who have never worked on an agile project. It is perfect for those who want to get a comprehensive idea about agile and how it can help them.
The 2 hour course can accommodate 10-15 participants and includes:
• What is Agile?
• How is it different from waterfall?
• Terms and Practices
Agile Estimation and Planning Boot Camp
This course is for project managers, scrum masters, project team members and core business participants, who need to learn the importance of planning in agile.
The 3 hour course for 8-15 participants includes:
• Importance of planning in agile
• Backlog management
• Estimation and points poker
• Velocity and release plan
• Iteration planning and ceremonies
• Slicing stories
• Using metrics
Agile Requirement Analysis, Facilitation and Management
This course is designed for project managers, project team members and scrum masters, so that they can learn to communicate unambiguous requirements through use cases to both business and technology stakeholders.
The training day provides a framework for some structured thinking on how to get the best out of the users and how to manage the development life cycle. You'll learn use case modeling, state chart diagrams, actors running workshops and how to author use cases and UML diagrams with confidence.
Learn Business Design
This course is for entrepreneurs and business owners who might have a great idea but lack the experience in structured thinking required to get it to market as soon as possible, providing the highest quality, improving every version and still remaining profitable.
You'll learn how to apply lean thinking to business tasks such as, sourcing suppliers, connecting with the product user community and working with partners to launch your MVP. You will learn how to use this framework and structured approach to reap the best results by creating a repeatable process.
Reading about agile principles and scrum techniques is not enough to adopt agile to your software development process. Your team needs hands on support during the implementation phase.
Lean Engagements provides such coaching for teams, owners and managers.
We have a three tier approach to coaching:
1. Familiarization: We start with small teams or a small part of the project team. They get familiar with the process, practices and tools and we get a chance to debug the process to meet the specific requirements of your team.
2. Scale: Once the small pockets of teams are working well with agile and have hard evidence of their success, we then scale it up to include bigger teams, more complex projects and other business areas.
3. Continuous Improvement: In the last stage of coaching we ensure that the principle of continuous improvement is implemented in practice and your teams show improvements in their daily operations and strive to use the best practices of agile.
Lean software development is the only way to stay on top of an ever changing market. It helps you to prioritize deliverables, become more responsive to customers, remove unnecessary tasks and improve visibility 360 degrees.
We at Lean Engagements offer consulting services to organizations and businesses so that they can understand what parts of agile are best for them.
We believe that no one tool can offer a complete solution to the problems of an organization. Instead, every business needs to consult with an experienced agile expert to understand their unique problem and then come up with a set of tools, processes and practices, and a strategy to adapt them to their specific needs, in order to move on to the next level of software development.
Our consultants help you to adapt those components out of the different lean approaches such as scrum, XP, kanban etc, that are best for you.
Our consultancy includes:
• Targeted training on agile and lean principles
• Focused inspection of projects that are supposed to be agile but are not seeing the expected results
• Agile maturity assessment
• Jump starting your first agile project
• Setting up a project management office
• Assistance with hiring the right talent
• Advice on team structure